Promoted by Banbridge Cycling Club
From Sticky Bottle:
The Early Break contained Ronan McLaughlin, along with Darnell Moore and Angus Fyffe of Caldwell Cycles, David Montgomery (Unattached Ulster) and Donal Shearer (Phoenix CC).
Behind the breakaway a strong group of 12 chasers would eventually form by the halfway point in the four-lap race promoted by Banbridge CC.
Also present in that second group was Michael McGlynn (Omagh Wheelers), Craig McAuley (Caldwell Cycles), Mark McGinley (Four Masters) Cian May (Lucan CRC) and Edvins Silovs (North Tipperary).
By the halfway point there was a two minute gap between the breakaway and the bunch, with the chase group halfway between that two.
With 70km of the 128km raced, that gap between the leaders and the chasing group hand grown to two minutes and it looked like the men up front would fight it out for the victory.
However, with just over a lap to go the front group split; Hennebry and Moore dropping back as their respective team mates Curry and Fyffe pressed on at the head of the race.
They would then be joined again by Shearer as well as Hennebry and Montgomery, though Shearer later lost his place up front.
And as the race dipped under 30km to go the gap between the leaders and the chase group was back to 20 seconds.
Dowling then made his move from the chase group, joining those up front with a four-man group forming.
In that breakaway were Dowling, Fyffe, Montgomery and Hennebry, who were chased down all the way and were just about caught on the line by a chasing group.
Dowling took the win over Hennebry with Darnell Moore coming through to take 3rd with Angus Fyffe 4th.
A1-A2 Race (128km)
- Mark Dowling Unattached
- Conor Hennebry Dan Morrissey-MIG-Pactimo
- Darnell Moore Team Caldwell Cycles
- Angus Fyffe Team Caldwell Cycles
- David Montgomery Unattached
- James Curry Dan Morrissey-MIG-Pactimo
- Jody Wright Phoenix CC
- Darragh McCarter Donegal Bay CC
- John Buller BioRacer DHL FR Services
- Donal Shearer Phoenix CC
- Cian May Lucan Cycling RC
- Ronan McLaughlin Dan Morrissey-MIG-Pactimo
- Craig McAuley Team Caldwell Cycles
- Mark Potts Unattached
- Mark McGinley Four Masters CC
- Michael McGlynn Omagh Wheelers CC 1st A2
- Edvins Silovs North Tipperary Wheelers 2nd A2
- Conor Gallagher Team BioRacer DHL FR Services
- Bryan Geary Panduit Carrick Wheelers
- Drew McKinley Newry Wheelers
- Henry O’Neill Newry Wheelers 3rd A2